Hi, I'm Devaki Douillard

Hi, I'm Devaki Douillard, the Mwebaza Foundation's Development Assistant. This year I'm returning to Africa to visit our partner schools in Uganda and Kenya. I'll be working on documentary interviews, scholarship programs, solar panel purchases, 2 new school building constructions, sustainable lunch programs and much more! Follow me on this journey from June 30th-July 26th.

The Mwebaza Foundation’s mission is to enrich the relationships among our Colorado and African partner schools through cross-cultural exchange and service learning that enhances educational opportunities, fosters a healthy learning environment, and promotes self-sufficiency.

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Kenya Arrival

After a 22 hour layover in London, I boarded my 7 and a half hour flight to Nairobi, Kenya. I fought back the inevitable waves of exhaustion in an effort to more quickly adjust to the 9 hour time change between Denver and Kenya. When we landed I was ushered onto a bus that would take me to customs. Once I made it through customs and collected my bags, I was greeted by a familiar smiling face, Sammy, my driver for the duration of my stay in Kenya. He drove me to the Leleshwa Inn in Kitengela; the same town where Empakasi School is located. After he approved of my accommodations and I got settled in, we said goodnight and I fell asleep to the hustle and bustle of Kitengela Town.

(Sammy)

No comments:

Post a Comment