Hi, I'm Devaki Douillard

Hi, I'm Devaki Douillard, the Mwebaza Foundation's Development Assistant. This year I'm returning to Africa to visit our partner schools in Uganda and Kenya. I'll be working on documentary interviews, scholarship programs, solar panel purchases, 2 new school building constructions, sustainable lunch programs and much more! Follow me on this journey from June 30th-July 26th.

The Mwebaza Foundation’s mission is to enrich the relationships among our Colorado and African partner schools through cross-cultural exchange and service learning that enhances educational opportunities, fosters a healthy learning environment, and promotes self-sufficiency.

Friday, July 25, 2014

Final Day At St. Paul School

Before I left Nkokonjeru, Namatovu and Katamba took me to see the fishing port on the coast of Lake Victoria. It was early in the morning, but the port was bustling with fisherman. I met a family there who sent me off with two large tilapia and a bag full of sardines. I continue to be amazed by the generosity and graciousness of the people here. Even when they have practically nothing they manage to send all visitors off with a gift of some sort.


Once we returned to St. Paul to pack up and leave, the children erupted into song and dance as a farewell and thank you for my time spent there. It was a truly precious moment where I was able to sit back and absorb the invaluable impact we have had on these children's lives and their gratitude for supporting their education. 

No comments:

Post a Comment